What Are The Rules of Advertising?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Discussion' started by Wordguy, Aug 13, 2015.

?

Should the mention of server names for non-advertisement purposes be bannable?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Staff Member Administrator Community Manager Moderator

Well, I apologise on whoever's behalf, because that's a bit over-the-top :oops:

2. RazerH

RazerH Moderator Retired Staff

Honstly, the max it should have ever been was a verbal warning through /msg but even that seems too high in my opinion.

3. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

Eh, the person apologized, and we rioted to unmute me. I still got warned though. No biggie :p

4. rabbitcake

rabbitcake Active Member Penguin

Okay, reading this I can tell about peoples opinions. I also honestly feel, if you try to take people away to one server or the next, it might hurt the server more. We are an small community that needs to rebuild. If you want to say your opinion about other servers, yeah its fine, but averts in one way or another might damage this server.

5. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

New rules have been released. Be sure to check them out!
    http://bcsn.us/forum/index.php?threads/new-buildcraftia-server-network-rules.3028/

"Advertising other servers on the BuildCraftia Network or Forums will result in a ban from the Network and the Forums. Advertising can be sharing an IP or a website (other than BuildCraftia related) in public chat, messages, pet names, signs, books… et cetera.

Sharing YouTube (and other) links is allowed on BuildCraftia. However, if the link contains information about another server than BuildCraftia, or if it’s generally rude or offensive, it will not be tolerated and will result in punishment.

Advertising other servers ALWAYS results in permanent ban."

Kashers, Miner and Wordguy lick this.
  6. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Penguin Retired Staff

I know it's not stated, but I was wondering if you are allowed to say the names of the server. But simply not saying it to benefit another server, for example:

+ Did you hear about Server Name? Yeah they've gone really downhill recently
    - Anyone wanna play Skywars on Server Name?

So basically, are we allowed to mention server names?

7. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

I asked Jessiieee, she said as long as it sounds like you're not advertising, it's fine.

Requesting thread lock?

RazerH licks this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.