The status of Buildcraftia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JeremyC, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

CodeChimp? AlexHH25?
    No? Anyone? Don't remember him?

2. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I remember him.

3. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Penguin Retired Staff

One thing that honestly needs to be improved in my opinion is the ontime on Owners.
    I've been waiting almost a week now for a map to be imported into my world in-game.
    I messaged the owners a couple of days ago (not including AZZA), and the only person to respond was Matty, and he's been really busy.

The moral of the story is that we should have another Developer with their own rank, and we should also have a few more Moderators ontop of that.

4. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

my legs start to hurt if I sit too long so I can't lmao

Napkin and RazerH lick this.
  5. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I think that Jeremy does have a lot of great points as so do most of you, however, I think why get more mods if the player count is the exact same? When there were like what seemed like a thousand mods on, it was kinda intense and such so maybe what BC needs is more players but that's not really working out...

-

Also, I agree with the whole Zachary situation. I do understand that he's just a kid and wants to enjoy his summer but should come on for at least maybe 3 days out of a week? Not too too much but enough to catch up and maybe stay on for a few hours and I mean not go afk for like idk 30 minutes o-o.

-

I think for the mod thing now, like I said above, we honestly don't need more mods, because that's pretty much pointless if we don't have 100+ players but mods that are a bit more dedicated, or at least a schedule so that one mod is on for a few hours then another one or a few others can pop on whenever and kinda take over watching if the other(s) have to leave. It doesn't matter if it's just one or even four, having at least one mod on at all times will make people feel more comfortable probably.

The reason I'm saying all this is because I appreciate what BC and its players has given me and I would hate to see it all leave even if I don't appreciate 100% of what they do for certain situations. BC gave me you guys, (my frands ;;u;;) so I just hope the staff can work it out.

Napkin, CMNProductions, Lee and 6 others lick this.
  6. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

Petition to bring CodeChimp back? I have him on skype and steam.

7. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I feel like a petition will end very badly for the players. With like a trillion mutes.

8. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

I'd like to add onto this, and that I have missed a couple weeks of the server, being on vacation and such, but in personal opinion, I do homework assignments while on BuildCraftia.
    For the "spending time with their families", I really can't do that anymore, since I have to spend most my day on BuildCraftia. Nowadays, I'm having small conflicts with my family that I'm spending too much time on the server. Maybe I need to get my priorities straight.

Mipsu and HazlerTheDazzler lick this.
  9. JeremyC

This is just a note:
    People who are staff don't have to be on the server every damn time. If you are having family problems, or whatever it may be, then deal with them. Take time off, do what you have to do. It's just when staff, especially owners, are on once a week for about 30 min, is when it's a problem.

10. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Penguin Retired Staff

Especially when they come on and go afk for 90% of the time they're on

Napkin, CMNProductions, Mipsu and 5 others lick this.
  11. HazlerTheDazzler

HazlerTheDazzler Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Afk staff is worse than no staff. Their right there. But Afk so dont do anything. Its pretty pointless be on or dont be on just dont be afk, same goes for all us regular joes, i go onto the server "oo 7 people, ill have a chat." I log on "Hey guys" no response. everyone is afk. I crii because i was lead into a false sense of security only to be backstabed by the emptyness.

Napkin, CMNProductions, Mipsu and 5 others lick this.
  12. FatherFan

Again, what about the staff who have to fill in for the inactive staff?

13. JeremyC

you mean new staff?

yvagary licks this.
  14. FatherFan

pretty much, cow

15. JeremyC

Thats what i said in my letter, we need more staff

16. Wordguy

Wordguy The Flash Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Alright, here's my opinion.

1- I stated a few weeks ago in my announcement about WordWorld that all staff are great. I lied. I'm sorry, but I promised the truth, and here it is. Chipjelly is a good mod, though she uses other servers and (like most of us) lost interest in BC. DustyAshton is great, though she can be a bit unpredictable, but again, she's a great mod. Kenreao I can't even talk about it, due to me not seeing Kenreao in months. TemporarilyAlone, it seems like he was made Moderator just because he logged on once. I remember seeing Mac basically begging Temp to be an owner or at least an admin, but alas, Temp said "Nah, I don't want to be staff, not enough time". PhoenixStudios is a good moderator, though he's inactive. Both Nappa_Terasu and FatherFan abuse admin powers, in my opinion. I see them several times falcon punching someone 4-6 times, just for the fun of it. I see Nappa doing the same sometimes, but not as often. ItsAZZA and MattyC should both be demoted to the Penguin Rank, while they are on vacation or in the army. I'm not saying this as a punishment or a way to be rude to them, but it's really stupid to have two inactive owners. MacMeBenny is a good guy and all, but he should be demoted to Admin. Think about it: He owns a almost-popular server that probably could be popular if he put more time and energy into it. I've also seen MacMeBenny go AFK for 5-6 hours at a time, which is really annoying. Quicksteve, your my favorite. You put the most energy into the server, while maintaining a real life & family. I understand it's hard, which is why I think Quicksteve is the true owner of BC. Mac may be the founder, but Quick owns it and manages it.

2- The API is coming. I know this. The only problem is we're getting fake deadlines. First it was the new year. Next it was by summer. Then it was by the end of June. Then it was by August. Now I bet we have a "before Halloween" deadline. I'm actually starting to think the API is still in very early stages, and won't be released until like, 2017. I think we need to let Quick work and tell us HIMSELF when HE thinks the API will be coming out, because honestly, I don't trust deadlines on here anymore.

3- Paintball has been down since June. Bring it back. I'm really mad about that. Same for parkour. :c

Lee, Mipsu, Bins and 1 other person lick this.
  17. FatherFan

I'm going to reiterate what Zach has said over the last couple months over this topic, and that the reason that these servers are down are because they're just a plain ripoff of other servers, and that gives BuildCraftia a bad reputation.

18. Wordguy

Wordguy The Flash Staff Member Moderator Penguin

But it's fun. We lick it. We can't really play PB with other server members from BC unless we use Skype to say the IP (or chat it with no mods on.)

19. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

If Mac go demote, server go byebye dear.

Mipsu, HazlerTheDazzler and Bins lick this.
  20. yvagary

yvagary Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

I agree pretty much completely with this too. Almost. But anyhow you do make a good point about Zach. He's the founder, but not the backbone. If he got demoted to Admin not much else would change except for the fact that he would be completely outraged by his own server. But I agree 100% that it should be done even if it's not possible. Also just because PB is like other servers, does it matter? (Not to you Word) Some servers have the same games as other servers. You don't see only one server having SG, do you? No. One server with The Walls? Pretty sure that's been used multiple times. The only thing we need to change is the game like hub thing. We cannot keep copying mineplex. New members are noticing it. It's not a good idea.

Lee, Mipsu and RazerH lick this.