Yva's Titleless Story Now Has A Title! - The Colored Eyes

Discussion in 'Stories' started by yvagary, May 15, 2016.

?

Do you like it?

1. YAY

2. NAY

3. WHO CARES

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. yvagary

yvagary Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

“A-Andrew…” I hear within my dreams. My mouth moves, muttering something I cannot decipher. “A-Andrew…?”

“Jenny, what’s wrong?” I ask groggily. I get no response. “Jenny?” Her feet shuffle nervously as I sit up.

“It’s happening again,” her eyes flutter rapidly, trying to control herself. “I’m not sure how much longer I can control it, Andrew.”

A few weeks ago, Jenny and I got into some trouble in downtown. I don’t mean your “usual” trouble. There was some crazy paranormal activity going on in this old back alley. Long story short, Jenny is possessed or something scary like that. I don’t know the details. All I know is she’s in danger and, because she’s in danger, everyone else is in danger, too.

“It’s okay. It’ll be okay,” I search for the phone aimlessly in the darkened room. Elliot better be awake. “I’m going to call Elliot, okay?” She nods and curls up in the corner.

Elliot answers after several rings. “Hello?” His voice emits an annoyed tone. “Andrew, what are you doing up at three o’clock in the morning?”

“It’s Jenny,” I say nervously. “She’s doing it again. It’s her eyes.”

“Andrew, you have to get her over here. Jenny’s dangerous. Stay safe.” Elliot hangs up before I’m able to ask any questions. What could he possibly mean by “Jenny’s dangerous”?

Am I nervous? My hands shake, but my head's clear. Am I fearful? Maybe, but I can’t worry about myself. Jenny needs me more than anything right now. “I’ll get the keys.” I say, walking over to the key holders by the door. She nods, slowly getting up.

“Andrew, I’m--” A thud echoes throughout the room. I knew I shouldn’t have turned around. Carefully, I carry her out of the apartment.

I’m worried about what Jenny can do. Elliot, why couldn’t you have told me why she’s dangerous? The thoughts swim through my head as I walk to the car.

As I lie her down onto the back seats, I notice her eyes changed their color; they’re a silvery color now. She looks at me worriedly, but if I said something, she wouldn’t even be able to hear me. She’s devoid of basic human functions.

When I start the car, Jenny groans loudly. “Drive, Andrew!”

I drive. I drive as fast as I can in the middle of the night to this rundown laboratory where my best friend, Elliot, works. He’s a scientist. A crazy scientist, at that; he thinks he rules the lab. Elliot is a fearless and sarcastic scientist who has no problem throwing his fellow scientists into a “white room” for dangerous testing.

“Elliot,” I shout to him. “Her eyes are silver again. I’m not sure what to do.”

“How long ago did this start?” Elliot asks.

“I’m not sure,” I say. “I woke up to her calling for me. She said she didn’t know how much longer she could control herself.”

“She waited?” He shouts, “Jenny could have killed you with ease, yet she waited to alert you?!”

Elliot has always been one to point out mistakes. Whether it’s in a pattern, a meal, or, well, this, he always knew. There was never a moment he didn’t correct people on their mistakes.

“I need you to help me sit her up in the white room,” Elliot says, a bit frantic with his words. “She cannot be lying down for the test.”

Jenny blinks a few times. “Elliot, put me down,” she yells, flailing her arms to try to get him off. I let go of her legs, “don’t touch me,” she says.

Her irises are green again. It’ll buy us some time, but not enough. She’ll have to run at this rate. No one, not even her, knows how long she can last like this.

Elliot briefly explains to her what the plan is. I, of course, eavesdrop because I have no idea what this said “plan” is. It sounds a bit tedious, but after a while I stop listening. I don’t really care enough to listen to the plan - I’m more of the visual type.

“You’re dangerous,” Elliot explains. “We’re going to throw in some scientists - big, strong scientists - to try to fight you. I know it seems scary, but you won’t lose. You can’t be stopped, Jenny.”

Her hands shake. I don’t know if it's out of anger from talking to Elliot, or out of fear from the mere thought of fighting someone. She’s never really liked Elliot, though.

“It’s coming,” she shouts, cutting Elliot off of whatever he wanted to say next. “Run!”

Our pace quickens and I run up behind Jenny; she could lose control at any second.

Her pace slows down. I quickly put my arms under hers to try and stop her from falling. “It hurts, Andrew,” she whispers, clutching her head tightly. “I’m not sure how much longer I can hold--” she cuts herself off with her own screaming. “I can’t. I can’t. I can’t,” she repeats over and over again. “It’s too strong,” she closes her eyes tightly.

The silver takes control over her eyes again. She gets cold and pale. Paler than usual, that is. I pull her hair tie off ever so carefully. Her headband, too. Anything can trigger her to shift, so I do everything in my power to try to protect her.

“In here,” Elliot shouts, pointing to a room on the right side of the corridor. “Test Subject Room 3” is plastered on the door. “Sit her down on the chair. We’ll be in the next room to watch her,” he quickly opens the door and pulls a chair out into the center of the room. I rest her down in the chair lightly, kiss her forehead, and leave the room. She’s a ticking time bomb, and we have to defuse her.

We quickly walk to a room right next to the test subject room - the observation room. There’s a long one-way mirror that stands between us and Jenny.

Jenny: the mindless body in the middle of the next room. She’s not moving, yet I can read her every emotion like a book. She’s scared. No; she’s terrified.

“Charles,” Elliot yells, summoning another scientist into the observation room, “you’re first.” His eyes widen, but he nods anyway. I guess no one wants to mess with Elliot.

Charles walks into the next room cautiously. “Hey,” he says, walking closer to Jenny, “I’m Charles. You probably can’t hear me, but we’re conducting a test,” a screen turns on in the observation room; it’s Jenny. It’s a camera feed that captures another angle of her side of the room. “To see if we can help you,” he continues. “Get ready, okay?”

“What is he doing?” I quickly ask.

Elliot shakes his head. “You don’t want to know.”

Before I can tell him that I do, Charles slaps her. Her irises change to a deep-yet-bright red. That can’t be good.

She quickly gets up and pushes him back. He stumbles a bit, but tries to regain his balance. Jenny pushes him again.

And again.

And again.

Before he stumbles onto the ground and into the door.

“Aren’t you going to pull him out of there?” I ask.

Jenny uppercuts him in the jaw.

“Nah,” Elliot replies, “it’s all a part of the fun.”

Her voice is harsh and deep; almost a man’s voice. “Leave.” At that, she pushes him out the door.

She’s back to normal. “Oh my God,” she whispers, “what did I just do?”

“Angie,” Elliot shouts, “go.”

After removing Charles from the doorway, Angie walks in. She seems fearless yet terrified all in the same strut. “I’m Angie,” she says, “I’m your next test.”

Before Jenny can say anything, her irises turn silver again. Great. I have to watch her get beat up and fight back all over again.

“Good luck,” Elliot says under his breath, then sighs.

Angie quickly punches Jenny’s nose, then backs away quickly.

Red.

Jenny jumps up and grabs Angie’s arm, then knees her in the abdomen multiple times. Angie grabs Jenny’s arm and twists it so she can have control from behind. Angie’s trying to fight back? I thought she wasn’t suppose to engage…

“You’re next,” Elliot says. “Be prepared.”

Jenny, in a blink of an eye, and before I can even reply, has already finished off Angie.

I’m ushered off into the room.

“Andrew, you don’t have to do this,” she whispers. “Please don’t do this.”

“I have to,” I reply, getting closer to her.

She starts crying. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

“You don’t really have a choice, Jenny,” her eyes turn silver. “Fight it. For me, Jenny.” I kiss her forehead. As much as I don’t want to harm her, I have to trigger the red somehow.

I jerk her shoulder back into the chair forcefully. It triggers her.

Red.

“No!” She groans, throwing a punch my way. I quickly back up, nearly losing my balance.

She grabs her own arm, and screeches loudly. Her crying continues. “A-Andrew,” she whispers, yet screams all at the same time, “it hurts.” The groaning continues.

I grab her from behind quickly, keeping her from falling. “I got you. It’s okay.”

Her continuous screaming is heartbreaking and painful. “It hurts!” She yells. It’s her eyes again; they’re changing rapidly.

Red.

Green.

Silver.

Red.

Green.

Silver.

The screaming only gets louder, until it just abruptly stops. She’s limp. “Jenny?” I ask. “Elliot, what happened?” I ask the one-way mirror. “Elliot. What happened!?” I shout.

Elliot runs in with a tiny flashlight and starts examining her eyes. He lightly pats her cheeks while continuously checking her eyes. “I think she’s unconscious,” he says, looking up at me. “Nonetheless, I think you cured her. She’s not changing.”

“She’s unconscious. I don’t know what you expected since she was under so much pressure. There’s no way to know if she’s fixed, though,” I reply. Moron.

“She’s only unconscious because the cure took up too much of her energy. She’s never gone unconscious before like this, right?”

I nod.

“Take her home. She’ll be as good as new when she wakes up,” Elliot says, smiling. “Congratulations.”

I’m unsure if I’m ecstatic or scared. She’s either dangerous or back to normal, but it’s a risk I am willing to take.

I run out to my car quickly with Jenny draped over my arms. Her body slowly curls up to mine; she’s waking up. “Jenny,” I whisper, “you okay?”

She ever so slightly opens her eyes. “Andrew?” She mumbles. “It’s cold,” her voice is so quiet it’s nearly inaudible. Jenny shivers.

I lie her down in the backseat of the car and pull off my sweatshirt to lie it over her. “Do you feel alright?” I ask, covering her with my grey hoodie. I get no response from her. “We’re going back to the apartment, okay?” I still get no reply.

When I hop into the driver’s seat, she opens her eyes wider. “What happened?” She asks.

“You finally got over it,” I explain. “You know, this whole paranormal thing.” I start driving. “It’s over.”

“Oh.”

“You were out for quite a while.”

“Did I hurt you?” She asks worriedly.

“No,” I reply, “you stopped yourself before you could hurt me.”

She doesn’t reply.

“We’re here,” I say, pulling up into the parking lot.

Ever so slowly she peels herself off the backseat of my Honda. “Let me help you ,” I quickly say and help her up.

She throws me the “I don’t like help” glare, but accepts my helping hand anyway. Jenny lazily drags her heels across the pavement.

When we get to the apartment, I help her to the bed. “You need to rest, Jenny.”

She nods and curls up on my bed.

I kiss her forehead lightly and lay down next to her. In the cheesiest voice I can – to cheer her up, of course – I say “I love you!”

“I love you, too, Andrew,” she whispers softly. “I love you so much.”

-x-

Cheesy I know. Ignore that it's extremely drawn out - it had to be AT LEAST 1500 words for class, but it's currently at 2003 because I decided to add awkward detailing in certain places. Go ahead, though. Read my crumby short story! Hasn't even been graded yet! Will post grade! when! graded!

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Wordguy and Lee lick this.
  2. HoundofNimbus

HoundofNimbus Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING

yvagary licks this.
  3. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Mod combo Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Andrew probably had some holy water in that cure...

yvagary licks this.
  4. yvagary

yvagary Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

:D
    probably tbh

5. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

when is the next one?