Denied World Edit Upside Down Smooth brush.

Discussion in 'Creative Bugs & Suggestions' started by NapkinDabber, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

So, I was making a HUGE island for a DTC map, and I figured it would be a true pain to build the bottom side of the island nicely. So i just layered tons of //sphere 's on the bottom side and it looked all chunky. And I was like "I wish they head an upside down smooth brush." It would work just like a smooth brush but....upside down.

2. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

i haz idea:
    1. build the downside of the island with //smooth
    2. //copy it
    3. do //flip north 180
    4. do //paste
    5. ???
    6. profit
    :p

3. RazerH

RazerH Moderator Retired Staff

or smooth it out manually and make it look neater

IPROXGio licks this.
  4. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Im lost ._.

MattyC licks this.
  5. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

MVP's don't have flip ;_;

6. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

He's mod tho :p

7. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

Yeah

8. Quicksteve

Another option would be to just do it manually, you have a lot more control then as well.

RazerH licks this.
  9. RazerH

I for one prefer terrain that is made by hand, it simply looks more natural if you practise a bit

10. IPROXGio

IPROXGio Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Yes it looks a lot better but it takes ages to do something, like forever

11. Quicksteve

I might work on this when I get time :)

12. RazerH

I wonder how much progress has gone into adding a world edit brush for upside down parts.
    (Hopefully penguin magic going flawlessly so far)

13. Quicksteve

I have done a little bit of work, not too much tho sadly. Been busy with real life and 1.8 mostly.

14. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

The reg smooth brush is dead to me now I'm all bout the //smooth command itself now.

15. Quicksteve

Okay? I'll keep it on the list just to be sure :p

16. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

There really isn't a way for us to create new command to WorldEdit and we're going to deny this suggestion. Please use the method provided above by Quicksteve. If you still have more questions about this subject, please contact a staff member.

Thread locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.