What's The Point? [Survival]

Discussion in 'Survival Server Discussion' started by Cyril, Mar 18, 2015.

?

Is survival really worth having as a server?

1. Of corse! I really want people going on survival. It's really fun, just no one goes on it!

80.6%
  2. No. No one ever goes on it, it's as useless as SinglePlayer. Staff, just take survival down.

19.4%
  1. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

What's The Point? -Survival

Recently, Survival has been empty. I've heard loads of people (on forums and server) say

"Survival is so boring, no one ever goes on it"

"What's the point in Survival?"

"It's no fun!"

and other stuff like that. It has come to my attention that it is the same players on survival everyday (John, Foxy and I) and never anyone else. It's quite sad, really. When survival 1.8 came out, everyone was so excited, saying it will be the core of the server. Now, it's been dumped in the corner, never to be played on again. People are obviously not enjoying survival, but why? I've been lonely on the server, lately, so I've experienced the 'no people' thing quite a lot. I've been thinking, why don't I make a thread on it, to see what could be improved? Anyway, lets move on.

I've heard a few people *cough* Ivy *cough* say they want people to go on survival. People say it just gets boring, but how can you say that when you have no reason? This thread was made so you can tell staff why it is boring. Then, if they have time, they can fix those problems. This might make survival a bit more fun?

All this leads me and others to think, is there really a point in survival? Isn't it just the same as SinglePlayer if no ones ever on? The only difference between SinglePlayer and BCSN Survival is that BCSN Survival can have lag at times, and that's bad!

Restart? (Maybe?)

I know the new survival has only been out for about three months. Four? So it'd be quite an early restart, but the question is: If we restart it, will players come back? I'm really not sure if it's just me, but all the time I'm on I think there should be a restart. Then, the server would actually be played on. But then, in the long run, what's the point in resetting it when in two months time, no one will be on it? Hmm. Well, I don't know. I'll leave this one up to staff.

Another thing you could do is ask players if they's come on if there was a restart? Remember, this is just an idea.

Conclustion

Okay, time to finish, you've been listening for long enough. I might be completely wrong in making this thread. Maybe people go on when I'm asleep (I run by GMT), am I right, no? Please tell me if people do come on when I'm asleep, because then this thread is completely worthless :). (I really am sorry if this whole thing is pointless) Anyway, that's all I have to say. And people, please consider coming on survival, it really is lonely :(.

-Cyrilster

2. Michelle_nl

Michelle_nl New Member

There just more then just. Foxy You and John. There are totally more ppl when your asleep or not. You may need to ask ppl to join, idk?

3. FatherFan

FatherFan The Priest Staff Member Administrator Moderator Penguin

This happens all the time. It's a cycle.
    Server hype --> Everyone gets full diamond enchanted --> They die and lose their stuff --> Quit survival in the rage --> Server dies off --> Staff restarts server to restart cycle.

Cyril, Dusty and Michelle_nl lick this.
  4. Dusty

Dusty Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I would just like to point out, I don't play on survival mainly because there isn't anything to really do once the enderdragon is killed and you have done almost everything in the game. What I suggest is an end reset on a regular basis. If this isn't achievable, I suggest a server such as faction instead of survival. I have heard multiple people say they want factions, so why don't we implement it. Not only will more people use it, but the games of factions is never ending, thus solving the problem of lack of players.

5. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

People on survival already have everything.
    So what's the point in building on survival when you can build faster & better on creative?

RazerH and Dusty lick this.
  6. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

Hell yeah, I love factions

7. Ryan3419

Ryan3419 Active Member Retired Staff

Some people still play on survival so ai don't think it would be fair on them if we where to reset it, however I think Azza said on the server earlier that we may be getting factions.

Mipsu licks this.
  8. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

The Point of multiplayer survival servers is a to build a strong community. When the server came out I was so hype because we never see these kinds of servers anymore. If we were to reset, people may play for a good month or so before it repeats itself. I guess there is a limit to the fun in survival for some people, but others like to keep playing after they have essentially everything in the game. So I don't know.

I hope we get factions, I used to love them so much. I stopped playing because all faction servers are PTW. But yeah, factions gives you a lot of things to do so it may have more activity.

9. Dusty

I've always wanted to play factions, but could never find a good server to play it on.

10. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

I have a good one, but I don't want to advertise :p

Well then, the thing I have to say is...

• I still go on SinglePlayer after the Dragon is gone, and many other people do, so why do people not carry on after the Dragon is gone?
    • Mojang said MC was endless. Okay, yeah, the Dragon is gone, it gets a bit boring. You can still build things. People are going to say "You can build things on Creative, Noob" but there's a joy of building on survival. You have to work for things, meaning it's fun. You also cannot fly meaning it is more of a challenge (in my perspective, this is all fun, don't know about you).

Some people do still play on survival, and it wouldn't be fair if we reset it, yes. But then, how else would you get people to play. I've tried three or four times now, with new people who have joined. I've given them diamonds, helped them build a house and go mining with them. Give them iron, teach them about claiming. (No joke). I say "Cya tomorrow! Can't wait to help you again!" and the next day, they never come back on. For me that's essentially wasting diamonds/iron for others. I know most people are going to say "It's your choice!" and it is; I just want people on the server (survival), though.
    As I've already said, it's more of a challenge, meaning for me, it's more fun, don't you think? You've actually got to work for things, and you normally put more effort into it. If you want to see some good builds on survival (and quite a lot on creative, too) check out @xBayani's channel on YouTube.

Just what I think!

-Cyril

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  11. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

The problem is: Factions is nothing "unique" and its overused. I'm not sure on factions.

12. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

Restarting would not bring new players most likely - people that don't play Survival will not begin to play Survival and the difference between regular singleplayer and BuildCraftia is great. Access to several other servers, economy, rank system, MULTIPLAYER, etc.

13. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Survival is becoming somewhat popular again.

Cyril and NapkinDabber lick this.
  14. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

maybe a survival mode like chaos so people play so they don't get their stuff stolen

15. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Survival is coming back on season

Edit: and the core of the server is creative, not survival.

RazerH and JeremyC lick this.
  16. TomBoiiWolfie

TomBoiiWolfie Well-Known Member

survival and creative are nothing unique either and theres so many creative and survival servers so... same with like skywars and other things
    just sayin'

Dusty licks this.
  17. Dusty

I do have to agree with that... Our only truly "unique" servers are Slime Run and Destory the Core.

RazerH licks this.
  18. TurboTeddyTurtle

TurboTeddyTurtle New Member

Hmmph when the first survival was out lots of people but then it restarted ---> Less players then if it restarts again
    Possibly no one would play on it
    They probably don't play survival cause they lost their stuff.

Cyril licks this.
  19. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

True. I still play, even though I had full diamond. What about that?

20. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

We should totally have like a mix between chaos and factions.
    Like you can wage war between factions or something.

Lee and JeremyC lick this.