Live Volcanic Island

Discussion in 'DTC Maps' started by Wordguy, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordguy

Wordguy Moderator Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Name: Volcanic Island

Author(s): WordShultz

Location (from /plot info) & screenshots: -45;-20 https://imgur.com/a/bmrZ9kO

Description: This map is centered around a single island which has an erupting volcano on it. The island has several caves which can be used to reach the core or mine several minerals. On the sides there are side islands (where spawns are) as well as two yachts which hold an extra core. The map is littered with buried treasure, traps, and a few items that can be key to winning the match.

Why should this map be selected? This map is a very simple runner map with lots of open space. Instead of using water to surround the island I used stained glass, which gives it a watery look (but without the annoyingness of having to wade through it). This allows for lots of variance in gameplay, such as tunneling beneath the glass, building fortresses on top of it, and so on. There are two cores, which help stretch out the gameplay further. Two of the cores (the two on the volcano) are very close, making it difficult to constantly camp/defend your core. However, this core is located on the top of a cliff, making it very easy to snipe off players who wish to break it. The other core is located in the yacht, which is relatively out in the open. This forces the players to either rush into a melee battle, or build fortresses to defend themselves while they mine away at the core. In short, this map allows for a lot of different methods to playing the game, which could be fun for everyone.

ViKing725, OptimusZambie and knewnie lick this.
  2. Lewis

Lewis Active Member Retired Staff

Looks great Word! ;)

Wordguy licks this.
  3. Wordguy

Update: I've deleted the TNT traps and the OP item inside of the volcano

4. Wordguy

This map has been accepted and will be added soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.