Username Origins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrfishfishy, Apr 6, 2015.

1. mrfishfishy

mrfishfishy Well-Known Member

Well, I think that it would be pretty rad if we all shared why we picked the usernames that we have. I shall go first. *way back when I was a wee lad....* I had just found out about Minecraft from one of my friends. So, I decided to get it because it sounded fun. I saw where you had to enter a username and I thought, "Oh God... so many possibilities." I thought for a while, and then I said "Well, y'know, fish are pretty rad, so, why not do something with that!" And that's how I settled on "mrfishfishy."
    upload_2015-4-6_19-28-18.jpeg
    Also, Scorpion is rad. ^

LordN826 licks this.
  2. LordN826

LordN826 Well-Known Member

I got mine when I was 11. I was a big wrestling fan and still am. My favourite wrestler is John Cena and my birthday is 8/26. So if you put the words and numbers together you get johncena826

mrfishfishy licks this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

cats. 2 cats. 1 cat+1 cat= DustyAshton. I'm not saying anything more.

spencm18 licks this.
  4. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I liked pokemon MrIvysaur sounded cool. I messed up making my account and ending up with mrivysaur064. I decided to make a new account and went for a random name. SauceProphecy. I like taco bell. So I changed my name to TacoBell.

5. Dusty

Mark you change your name too much. Just make up your mind, I can choose what kind of ice cream I want faster then you can choose your name.

6. MrIvy

I changed my name 3 times in the 3 years I've played minecraft but ok. I'm not one of those people that have changed their names 8 times since the feature came out.

RazerH licks this.
  7. Dusty

The majority of the time you couldn't even change your name without getting an alt.

8. MrIvy

K. You should change your name to Emlit.

9. Dusty

Uh, how about no?

10. MrIvy

But why not?

11. Dusty

Because that isn't even my name and this name has lots of meaning. I can't imagine anyone calling me Emilt all the time... at least anyone but you.

12. MrIvy

I'm touched! <3 : )

13. Dusty

Well, don't be. You only call me that because you want to try to annoy me :p

14. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Penguin

I had an app called AirCoaster on my phone, which has its own community. The objective was to make RollerCoasters using the in-game editor, upload them, and then try to get as many downloads on that coaster so people could ride them as you could and get that coaster onto the Most Popular List. My name was 'ZondaStudios' as my favourite car back then was the Pagani Zonda (this was late 2010). I eventually swapped this out to just 'Zonda.'

My favourite mythical animal is a Phoenix and Fawkes the Phoenix was my favourite animal in the HP films (I have a plush Fawkes from the HP Studio Tour in London ;) ) so when I came to make a Minecraft account I decided to go in a different username direction and use 'PhoenixStudios' instead. Again, I got the nickname 'Phoenix' and so shortened it with in-game commands.

Oh, and my favourite hero on Dota 2 is Phoenix (and I've uploaded a video on Phoenix Carry Plays on my YT channel (shameless plugging xD ) as well). :)

If we were to go further back to when I first started using gaming social networks, that would be The Casual Collective (known now as Kixeye) where my name was Pagani. Guess where that came from :p

Fuurtthheerrr still, I think I had a name 'Takata' on some website. I just randomly thought of it because it was weird and sounded cool.

le fin

Ryan3419 and MacMeBenny lick this.
  15. Remmi

Remmi Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

well for mine I was like "I've never had ramen, and I really like me... Hmm what sounds like ramen, rem, remmi!1!1!1!!1 perfect fit !!!1!1!"

16. Bins

Bins Well-Known Member

Well, my first username "alexzderx" I chose because, A LONG TIME AGO.. Like 2006/2007 I started to play club penguin and I had to choose a name so I thought "Well my name is Alex/Alexander how about I'll put that!" so.. I didn't know how to spell my name back then so instead of Alexander it was alexzder and I decided to put a x at the end :3 and I used this name for MC. I changed it to InYoBins cuz idk.

RazerH, Ryan3419 and MacMeBenny lick this.
  17. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

1. Webkinz: SparkleFrog7 (...or was that my password?)
    2. Club Penguin: Bennym
    3. YouTube: hcaz21 (Club Penguin Videos, http://youtube.com/hcaz21, joined Jan 31, 2008)
    4. YouTube: MacMeBenny (Minecraft and Random, https://www.youtube.com/user/macmebenny, joined Nov 15, 2009)
    5. Minecraft: MacMeBenny (Forgot Password)
    6. Minecraft: MacMeBennyZ (Account from 2011?)
    7. Minecraft: MacMeBenny (Username Change)

(Not including XBOX Live usernames, that changed depending on what clan I was in etc. :) I did have it set as Bennym and MacMeBenny at one point, in addition I remember: 'VenTz Benny' or 'BennyZ')

1. Unknown - I think my first Webkin was a green frog that was sparkly and that's why I chose the name.
    2. Bennym - My cat's name is Benny and 'm' was possibly because it looked/sounded cool or maybe it was for Mom?
    3. hcaz21 - My Mom came up with this, I remember thinking about what to make it at the kitchen table. It's basically my name backwards and my Mom's favorite number(s).
    4. MacMeBenny - Mac came from Apple computers (I love Apple) - Me (Myself?) - and Benny came from my cat's name. I believe my Mom and I came up with this.
    5. MacMeBenny - Same username from YouTube - found Minecraft when it was first being published, like the stone game or something. Made an account and forgot password - never bought it.
    6. MacMeBennyZ - I forgot the MacMeBenny account password so I added a 'Z' for Zach. I purchased this account back in 2011 and made a server short after.
    7. MacMeBenny - Going back to my roots, I changed my name back because I like it better than having a 'Z' because it was originally 'MacMeBenny'.

I may be missing some usernames and stuff I had here and there but this is all I can remember from off the top of my head. I'm not even sure if this is what the thread is about or not, I just started writing. Hope you enjoy!

Ryan3419, Bins and LordN826 lick this.
  18. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

Club Penguin = Life

Bins licks this.
  19. LordN826

LordN826 Well-Known Member

The owner of the server double posted. OMG WHAT IS THIS. Anyways nice explanation

RazerH and MacMeBenny lick this.
  20. spencm18

spencm18 Member

I chose mine, spencm18, because it is my school username. My first name starts with an "m" and the first five letters of my last name are "spenc" and I graduate in 2018 :D so, >first five letters<>first letter of first name<>year you graduate< = spencm18. Pretty lame reason, but cool name I guess, plus I really like the name "Spenc" so it all works out :)