Reputation Update & Perk Suggesting

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by ItsAZZA, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

Hey guys,

I know you all have now heard about the Reputation system. It's a custom rewarding and punishing system for BuildCraftia Network. Playing on the server earns you Reputation, and breaking the rules reduces your Reputation. Pretty simple, but yet amazing. Read more about the Reputation here: https://bcsn.us/forum/index.php?threads/buildcraftia-mojang-eula.3862/

We have been working on Reputation for quite some time, and we are making progress. When Reputation gets released, we are going to get EULA compliant. That means some changes to the ranks that are bought after this update. Anything that changes game-play will be gone. But do not worry! If you already have purchased a rank, you won't lose anything, as promised. Before the update, we are holding a big sale, selling ranks for 50% off for some time before changing.

Something that's going to change compared to the last Reputation update is way punishing works. In the last thread, we told that punishing would work by setting player's Reputation to negative. We think it seemed to harsh, and decided to change things a little. Punishing will work like it does now. Players will only lose points for the punishments. For example, if player gets banned for 3 days, they will lose 150 reputation. This is way more fair, as players with high amounts of Reputation won't lose everything they have acquired.

We are now looking for your suggestions for Reputation perks. These perks can be either for Creative or Survival. As these cannot be acquired by purchasing, they can be pretty much anything. Of course we cannot accept all suggestions.

Please leave your suggestions on this Google Form:
    https://goo.gl/forms/tPfhdKytyQJ7PcLo2

2. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

So if I understand this, getting banned/muted will make you lose points, not the other way around?

3. OptimusZambie

OptimusZambie Active Member

If the player's reputation is below standard there should be a red marker next to their name, if they are right at the standard the marker will be yellow, if above standard, marker will be green.

4. Wordguy

Well then everyone's reputation levels are made public. Personally, I'd prefer to keep my reputation private

Acer2332 and Mipsu lick this.
  5. FatherFan

FatherFan The Priest Staff Member Administrator Moderator Penguin

Nah, gives more of an incentive to be a better person if you're held accountable.

Wordguy licks this.
  6. TNTMan1289

TNTMan1289 Well-Known Member

So we won't be able to buy ranks or any other perks? Does that mean shop is going away?

7. Wordguy

8. ItsAZZA

Exactly. If you have, for example 400 points, and you get banned for three days, you lose 150 reputation. You are left with 250 reputation, and you are banned for those three days.
    We might have a WebUI for checking players' reputation levels. Of course there will be a command, too. We are not quite sure to whom we are showing player's reputation to.
    No no. They are going to change. We will have ranks, but they won't get the same perks as they do at the moment.

Wordguy licks this.
  9. Wordguy

But if we previously bought a rank with a certain set of perks, we don't have to pay money to get it back, right?

I.E., since Penguin currently has Falcon Punch, but FP gets changed to where it needs to be bought, all previous owners of Penguin keep it, right?

10. ItsAZZA

11. Wordguy

RIP. apologies

12. LordN826

LordN826 Well-Known Member

That sounds like some SAO shit lmao

13. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Yeah but then I can laugh at you

Mipsu and Remmi lick this.
  14. rabbitcake

rabbitcake Active Member Penguin

Do your math AZZA, 400 - 150 = 250. 350 is one day, if it is 50 per day.

15. Napkin

Napkin Well-Known Member Penguin

^shes not wrong

16. rabbitcake

Thank you for knowing basic math.

17. ItsAZZA

I was wondering who would notice it first... :p

JeremyC and Miner lick this.
  18. rabbitcake

If it took that long.. D:

19. MewBeach

MewBeach Member Penguin Retired Staff

I will defs probably be purchasing the penguin rank then when it's on sale lol will never get that opportunity again, might as well take advantage of it, right? ;D

20. knewnie

knewnie Well-Known Member Retired Staff

yumin2002 what kind of name is that xDDD

PhoenixStudios and Napkin lick this.