Recent Survival Events

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by ItsAZZA, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

I just got notified about yesterday's events on the survival server.

I am deeply worried about the community's team spirit, if you are raiding each other's builds just because they haven't claimed it and just to obtain money. I am not pointing fingers at any individuals here. I am also aware of our survival rules, that raiding and destroying is allowed if one's build isn't claimed. Our rules also state that using common sense is allowed, and recommendable.

We are going to update survival rules to accommodate such events:

“One may demolish and raid (collect resources from chests and builds) a base if it's not claimed by the player. However, if a build is seemingly part of one's build, you are not allowed to do as described. Seemingly, means a part of a house, building or any structure. If there is space between the claim and the structure, such as a player made road, bridge or terrain, you have the rights to raid that build. Survival server is not Factions, but a somewhat peaceful PvE survival server and we want to give players a friendly playing environment.”

This rule has been added to BCSN rules at http://bcsn.us/rules

There’s a system, that unclaims the player’s claim if they have been offline for more than two months, and have less than 10,000 claim blocks in total. Claims that have been created just by placing a chest get removed after a week or two.

If you have any questions about this, please contact myself.

2. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

I like this. Hopefully it fixes the massive split between the parties that were involved.

RazerH, Alkaline and Tntdestroyr lick this.
  3. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

If i'm honest, this rule seems a little vague and could provide a lot of issues as to the interpretations of the rule. It could also diminish the effect of even having a land claim, as one could just have a really small land claim for their chest room, and leave the rest of their home unclaimed. A person wouldn't be able to raid their home, even though its unclaimed.

While there are undoubtedly benefits of this rule, I think part of what makes survival fun is the high stakes action. If you don't claim it, it can and probably will be raided. Raiding bases is simply a good way to get money. I don't see that as dirty at all. If a person does not have their base claimed, then they should have to pay the price. The rules are clear enough.

What should be said though is that stuff like this shouldn't be done out of spite for another person. Yes, I raided Lea's base. Yes, I got upwards of $30,000 from it. Do I feel bad? Of course I do. I didn't do it however to show my displeasure with Lea. Lea is a damn nice person, and a happy person on the server. However if people do not claim their base, then I don't see any reason why someone can't raid it for profit.

Once again, I go back to the suggestion of adding chaos. Adding chaos would allow for that to be the high stakes 360 no scoping action server, while on survival necessary adjustments are made to make it alot more laid back and chill. But in the meantime, I don't think anything should change.

Lee, knewnie and yvagary lick this.
  4. Alkaline

Alkaline Administrator Staff Member Administrator Event Winner

Personally im a bit torn about events that have happend these past few days. I myself am an advocate of peacefull survival with no raiding at all but I could understand why people raid stuff.

Raiding is one thing. However completely demolishing a base, that is being used by somone you know, with stacks of tnt is something else. Thats just low in my opinion. I get why people want to get money by raiding but there is no need at all to add the tnt into the mix. Only thing that will do is cost money and blow up the drops. So I want to know what the reason was why the culprits decided to use tnt. Was there some personal grudge against Lea with a score to settle or was it just an asshole action.

The thing that gets me the most is the fact that at least one of the people that placed tnt in Lea's base is an admin. Admins and mods are supposed to be working for the server in the first place and be players second. They need to help people and give the example of how you should behave on the server. Even though its not in the rules that we can't raid doesn't mean we should do it. Admins/mods should behave in a way that would promote a peacefull way of playing in its ultimate form. The principle of this whole ordeal is getting to me and to be honest I hope that there are more people thinking the same way.

You can not call this a raid anymore, this is just straight up vandalism for fun with gains as a supposed incentive.

DoctaCirno and Tntdestroyr lick this.
  5. Tntdestroyr

Tntdestroyr Member Penguin

Its hard to actually believe anything you are actually saying for you not only completely destroyed someones active base, looting the whole thing damn near, knowing exactly who it was that owned it, which all was for personal greed. Your actions are seriously lower than low, you don't feel sorry for it which is the truth, so don't try to play like your innocent and should be forgiven in this matter, its pathetic. It appears you honestly have no common decency or respect for anyone other than for yourself for you also even vandalized my ender farm when we gave eachother our words that we would in all fairness leave our farms alone but you broke even that. Like alkaline said why go as far though as to completely destroy what she worked so long and hard on just for all within 5 min.just be gone, all because of greed. You and the people that were involved as well have no respect for others and frankly don't even know the meaning of the word. I know this is just a game, i know there were no rules at the current time stating you couldn't be a complete ass hole to someones hard work the way yall did, but it goes without even having to be said or even a rule being stated about it, common sense as stated before should of been enough to explain to everyone that this is a community, a group of friends, people your suppose to have each others back with, this isn't a faction server. Its sad, because people may know you but its obvious if you guys can do something like that to fellow person in this community like that, you would have no remorse or problem doing it again to someone else, griefer's are such crap dude, and so was your actions. I know you don't care, but you and the others involved have lost my respect completely, I can't see how anyone could ever respect someone that has no common decency for others and has such disregard towards peoples builds they worked hard on. Good job cow

Alkaline and DoctaCirno lick this.
  6. DoctaCirno

DoctaCirno Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Nice addition to the rules!

Alkaline and Tntdestroyr lick this.
  7. johnyman333

johnyman333 The John Penguin

And this is why more people should flow the John way

8. DoctaCirno

DoctaCirno Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Well said John, well said indeed

9. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

While I don't believe your white-knighting for Lea is needed, I will say my actions were indeed innapropriate, and I apologize to Lea for the damage. I would like to say however, you insulting me indirectly while I'm afk is not appropriate either, especially considering you neither live with nor have any part in her base and rather injected yourself into the situation.

Lee, JeremyC, FatherFan and 4 others lick this.
  10. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

How about an addition to the rule: "If a major part (over 75% of the build is outside the claim) you may raid the build".

11. Tntdestroyr

Tntdestroyr Member Penguin

I call it how i see it, You know what went down was wrong and I agree I lost my cool at points, which I do apologize for saying it out loud. That doesn't mean though that I didn't mean every word of it, because it was well deserved, you know it. I don't understand what guided you into doing such a thing, I don't care about the fact I don't stay in the game at her base, it was sheer principal of the matter, I can't stand griefing in any form, especially from someone in the position your in. Again though, I apologize for saying it out loud though. But i change nothing of what I said. I had a lot of respect for you before this situation. It's shocking and disappointing to see this of happened, I would have completely of vouched for you if anyone would ever claim you would do something like this, cant believe it.

DoctaCirno licks this.
  12. Wordguy

Wordguy Moderator Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Alright, here's my piece;

When I first heard that Tnt and LEA's base and water-dungeon was blown up, I was alright with it. The rules had allowed for this. The 4 that had caused the damage had every right to, as it was unclaimed. That was the most important statement in the argument. However, there are some things we can't forget. Not only did the four raid the base for the masses of quartz, but they also blew up a significant sum of redstone devices. This shows that these players not only wanted the materials, but they intended to hurt LEA. However, I realize this is off topic.

The rules that AZZA had just set into place do allow for some loose ends.

What happens if you raid the base, then realize that it was part of a bigger build? I know that at least I have done this recently, but I didn't realize that part of it was claimed.

Now, this leads for some changes also. Certain parts of my claim have tunnels. If there is a tunnel leading to a doorway from a base, but the doorway is unclaimed, do people have the right to raid the door? I know this is a stretch, but I'm speaking theoretically :p

Honestly, I think this is a bad idea. I didn't play much of Chaos, but when I did, I hated it. It was really hard for me to start or do anything, really. Though I'm most likely alone on this prospect, one of the reasons I like survival because it's kind of relaxing. Fighting tons of mobs 24/7 is not really relaxing. But as I said, that's just my opinion.

Now, this fixes some questions, but still asks the question above.

13. JeremyC

I did not grief your endfarm. I have maintained that and will maintain that. If you want to talk about it more lets do it over skype, I don't want this to descend into a flame war.

As for raiding Lea's base, I do feel bad, yes. I should apologize to her and I will. I did not blow up her base however. I thought this a step too far. I won't throw anyone under the bus for this but I'm not some heartless shit who would do that. I did raid her base, I did not blow it up.

But the principle of raiding unclaimed bases is one I will stand by.

That sounds good.

Anyone who wants to talk about this just hit me up on skype.

Dusty licks this.
  14. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Question: Does this rule apply in the end?

15. JeremyC

I assume no since the end and nether don't have claims at all but who knows.

16. epikplayer

epikplayer Active Member Penguin

Y'all right such damn long replies I can't read all of that

Remmi licks this.