New 1.8 shizzles

Discussion in 'Survival Server Discussion' started by Quicksteve, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

Hey guys,

just thought I'd post some info about what we could do in 1.8 for survival.

Ideas:

Map reset

While this will sadly wreck our builds, it will allow for new 1.8 terrain to be generated smoothly.
    Pro: fresh start for everybody
    Con: everybody would loose their stuff

Different world for 1.8 terrain

An alternative would be setting up a new 1.8 terraub world and keeping the current one, either with same or seperate inventories.
    Pro: everybody can keep their valuables
    Con: messed up terrain generation

Economy reset

The economy would be reset and be replaced with a brand new one using balanced prices.
    Pro: less economy exploits, money using job exploits (soulsand :p) and eco exploits would be removed
    Con: even legit money would be lost

Removal of jobs
    The jobs plugin would be removed as it is really old and bugged. It also allows for eco exploits.
    Pro: less bugs, money wouldn't be as worthless, other ways of getting money (trading, shops) would be promoted

Con: no jobs

Enchant system

The current enchant system was removed due to it being really buggy. A new enchant system could be added which would allow for funny things (e.g. Aqua Affinity on axe = Blindness for hit player)
    Pro: more stuff could be done with enchantments
    Con: ?

These are all the things I can remember/come up with. I will try to add more ideas to this main post as the thread develops. If you don't like an idea of another person, go ahead and tell them in a civilized way without insulting but with explanation where the idea could be improved. A simple "no that idea is bs" will not help anybody.

Anyway, that's it for this post :p

-Quicky

Ryan3419 and MacMeBenny lick this.
  2. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

im sad il lose my money. Maybe we transfer money so people don't lost completely everything
    Other than that. I see no problems. GO AHEAD AND DO ET :D

3. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

The problem with money transfer also is that due to economy exploits certain people are very, very rich now.

4. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Yeah you know how bad them survival monopolies get silly jer. 1.8 survival sounds kewl

5. IPROXGio

IPROXGio Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I have one request is that the chest system has a help command that shows you the commands for it

6. Quicksteve

We might switch to GP anyway :p

7. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I like the idea of the fresh reset. I think it will give everyone a reason to play. Also I think you should get money buy selling things to the admin shop or other players. For example, farming could be important because you can sell sugarcane at the adminshop opposed to relying on jobs which I honestly wasn't too fond of. I think the market should sell/buy most items to make for a cool economy.

Edit: Any news on how long survival will take to update? Im really itching to get playing again.

8. Quicksteve

Due to the bukkit takedown, we will most likely be switching to Sponge. There is no ETA for that tho.

9. WaluigiTime

WaluigiTime Active Member

Awesome! But when will the server update to 1.8?

10. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

Sponge?

In a few weeks, give or take a few months

Jk

But from what I've read it'll probs be a bit longer til it's updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    WaluigiTime licks this.
  11. Quicksteve

http://spongepowered.org/

12. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

Please don't reset in, its epic

13. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

As previously stated it needs to be reset if we have 1.8 and plus people started to think it was becoming stale because of those elites trying to make the survival stock market crash with their monopolies *HACK WHEEZE COUGH JEREMY* excuse me. If anything resetting will bring the popularity of survival back up. We don't want to have a server that doesn't get attention it deserves.

Remmi licks this.
  14. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

True, i understand now ;D

NapkinDabber licks this.
  15. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Inventories would be nice if they were be able to be transferred. Excuse my bad grammer

16. Quicksteve

We will most likely have a complete reset so everybody gets a fair start. The economy will have balanced prices so hopefully no exploits will be found.

17. IPROXGio

IPROXGio Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Please may I request that we could have a death count for players and that nicks can be transferd to survival, Thank you

18. Quicksteve

Nicks will be discussed, death counter maybe, not sure.

19. Cyril

Cyril Active Member

Not wanting to put any pressure on you, but when will survival be up?
    Its been...
    3 Months or so now...

Thanks, Cyril the Hamster From Planet Hamster

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(_-^{}^-_) Meet me on BCSN Every Saturday 9:30 GMT! Its the time I'll most likely be on!
    Have Fun!

20. Quicksteve

It might be released this weekend.