Denied MCmmo plugin added

Discussion in 'Survival Bugs & Suggestions' started by PowPowPenguin, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Do you think MCmmo should be added?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. I hno

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowPowPenguin

PowPowPenguin Member

Now before you tell me that this is a bad idea and Minecraft isn't an MMO, STOP. Mcmmc isn't about spending your life completing quests, its about raising your skill levels in areas to improve your time. EG. If you fight with no weapon your 'unarmed' skill raises, every 50 levels your attack without a weapon gets stronger. There are also right-click abilities. EG. Right click with your axe, this will temporarily give you a boost where trees will be chopped down straight away, as if you had the treecaptator mod. The ability will then wear off after a couple of seconds (the higher your skill in that area, the longer the ability lasts) and you have to wait a couple of minutes before you can use the ability again, so its not too OP. If this hasn't convinced you that MCmmo is a good idea, then look at it on YouTube. There will be a video somewhere that will probably make you want it on bcsn.

2. johnyman333

johnyman333 The John Penguin

Add, or make a new server entirely?
    A new server entirely definitely the better option, however, it does take a long time as it requires a world to explore.
    Monsters and bosses, weapons, armours, classes, spells, abilities, that's a ton of work you know.
    And since BC is a server like no other, I bet it all would have to be custom, as we don't want to just rip off Wynncraft.
    If somehow we can pull trough with help from everyone, with ideas and such, I think it would work as a cool addition and a new thing for BC.
    However, will the tons of work be worth it, and most importantly, will we be able to do it?
    I'm in no position to decide this, but I will say that it's worth considering.

3. PowPowPenguin

PowPowPenguin Member

This is something that is probably more of a feature that would be added to the current world than make a new world for this. Also, I doubt classes, spells, weapons and armor will be added but as for abilities, MCmmo is an already made plugin, so that would require no coding. Monsters, I don't expect to see but new bosses created by modifying a spawn egg so that the mob it summons will have better stats (eg. Health) than normal, a stronger attack than normal, custom drops and enchanted gear. The custom drops would probably be somehow affected by the boss, eg. The skeleton drops a powerful bow, the wither skeleton drops a powerful sword, the zombie drops a powerful sword drops powerful armor and the drop ideas could go on and on.
    okok maybe I don't doubt it at all.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  4. johnyman333

johnyman333 The John Penguin

So basically gong around minecraft with abilities, gaining exp and killing bosses for weapons.
    I guess you start with a kit, but still, that sounds more like an idea for a longer mini game, UHC style.
    The idea is good however, I really don't think it's bad, but I'd suggest somehow modified the fore mentioned UHC to have the things you mentioned, therefore having a unique and original experience.
    Using a tram effort to kill a boss, but earning a better weapon for it, and possible health items, that like instant tide turning on a battle, which equals excitement, which equals a better experience.
    I think if we put our head together, well think up an amazing new mini game, with your and mine ideas and such.

5. PowPowPenguin

PowPowPenguin Member

I just remembered about attribute modifiers, which means there can be weapons/armor that increase your speed/Max health/attack damage when holding/wearing them, which could really turn the tables and make the game really become something different. Oh, and yeah, I think a new world for it in some kind of UHC style game.

6. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

QUADRA POST

7. PowPowPenguin

PowPowPenguin Member

My internet completely bugged out. I'm deleting them now

Edit: I've deleted 3of them

8. AffectedArc07

AffectedArc07 Well-Known Member

never use my towns mobile data. It got fucked up badly

9. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

Unfortunately, we have decided not to add this plugin. Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.