Suggestion LB Worlds

Discussion in 'Creative Bugs & Suggestions' started by AffectedArc07, Feb 19, 2016.

1. AffectedArc07

AffectedArc07 Well-Known Member

Like a normal world but it costs $25 more to have the addition of LB so grief can be kept track of and rolled back. The reason for the higher price (as quickie and many others know) is LB takes up storage space. Which I guess is why worlds dont have it. So with the extra cash, theres some for storage upgrades.

NapkinDabber and DoctaCirno lick this.
  2. Wordguy

Wordguy Moderator Staff Member Moderator Penguin

As far as I know, logblocking causes extreme server lag, also the fact that we live by the code "Your World, Your responsibility"

It's PRVIATE world, not meant for 100+ people. Then it'd be just a plot world.

3. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Penguin Retired Staff

Paying for it will help put money torwards the server to reduce lag.

Also, it kind of sucks when your world gets griefed, especially huge worlds, and you don't know who did it. Although, it may be your responsibility, griefing is still bannable so getting log block for worlds would really help most world owners.

Wordguy licks this.
  4. Wordguy

If we're setting aside huge lag possibility, and the "your responsibility" aspect, then this would be amazing. However, I suggest a different price, because Logblock is a sort of "back up", rather than a full feature. I suggest $10 with worlds, and $5 if you buy penguin.

5. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

I'm a noob so, explain how lb causes lag?

HazlerTheDazzler licks this.
  6. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

LB causes lag by taking checks of each and every block that has been placed recently. It will log each block, and it if used in excess, in multiple worlds, the server cannot handle that amount of information. The worlds that have absolutely loads of builds will be logged and tracked by lb, therefore putting a strain on the server. Won't neccessariliy cause lag, but will add about 50 GB to the 200 GB of server info (including all the lb info for creative) over time.

Miner licks this.
  7. AffectedArc07

And thats why we might charge $25. Because lb takes up fuckloads of space.

8. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

25 dollars is not worth 100 gigs of storage space though :p

9. AffectedArc07

*cough* Solid State Drives (ik bc doesn't use ssds but could be used) *cough*

10. Olocool17

Yeah, SSD's aren't used for servers (or at least not alot).
    With about 50 dollars you can get a 1TB drive, meaning this extra feature should cost about 5 dollars more, instead of 25 :p

Wordguy licks this.
  11. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

But there is also a thing called profit... Like the ranks don't physically cost anything to make but because of the cool perks and the demand for them, they cost more instead of being free. Simple business logic, really.

HamsterCyril licks this.
  12. Olocool17

Sorry, but 20 dollars of profit are too much for an upgrade that in reality costs 5 dollars.
    And, we're already swimming in donation money, so yeah.

yvagary licks this.
  13. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

Just because the upgrade costs $5, doesn't mean that it would be only $5 to get. Leo would still have to set up the lb in the world and stuff. Anyways, we don't even know if this will become an actual thing, so we can't argue about the price, and plus it would ultimately be staff's call.

14. yvagary

yvagary Well-Known Member Penguin

okay no there should be no extra fee for a damn world that already costs more than the average teenager who doesn't work probably has and on top of that if you got penguin it should just come with it because you just spent literally $150 which is so unbelievably overpriced so I thank the person who got me penguin greatly but no LB should just come with a world and if you're gonna charge you should just charge like $5 because we have been dealing without LB for a while and we can just keep on doing it. We should get it for free anyway because griefing is against the rules as well it should be in worlds too. Think next time would you

HestiaMinecraft and Wordguy lick this.
  15. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Dang; all these comments. It's not even that deep.

16. AffectedArc07

Olo. Fuel cost. What happens when someone needs to drive or fly or whatever to VH (VoidHosting) to put in a new drive. Do you mail the drive in and they do it?

17. Olocool17

we already have the drive you dumb dumb

yvagary licks this.
  18. AffectedArc07

Talking about the long term you dummy

19. Wordguy

Just another thing I have to buy.

yvagary licks this.
  20. AffectedArc07

And this is why I want this. Its a donor perk a LOT of people will buy.