'Lag' ideas...

Discussion in 'Forum Bugs & Suggestions' started by southpawx3, Feb 9, 2015.

1. southpawx3

southpawx3 New Member

So I've seen the occasional player say something about their connection lagging terrible with chat delays and other things of the sort. The times I've seen it handled all that happened was a moderator telling the player that it was their internet provider's/ computers fault for the lag. I asked the moderator some questions about the servers host location and the amount of RAM it is running on. I know the host cut many of the Gigabytes of RAM they provided. the moderator couldn't provide much information on the subject and the conversation ended on me asking a question that was not answered. I then went on the the forum/ webpage in search of a section where I could find the information for myself. There didn't seem to be any threads or info. pages as far as I could tell. So if you guys could add a section in the forum or somewhere easily accessible for the common player that contained information such as the host location or the power behind the host that would be fantastic. I've been experiencing lag myself, it may be my computer, though I do have a pretty nice computer. And it very well may be my connection, I have had issues with it in the past. But just as a reference it would be great to see what exactly the host provides for us. Thanks a bunch -south (And sorry I put it in the website suggestions it it doesn't seem like the right place, I saw it fitting since you would be putting the information on the site, not the server itself.)

2. FevenKitsune

FevenKitsune Active Member

It's hosted in Canada.
    128 GB RAM, 4GB or so is dedicated to Creative
    Intel Xeon W3520 (Last time I checked)

The thing is, it's not like the server is being run on a "Comcast Smart Plan" internet connection, it's a dedicated business connection that's probably hundreds of times faster than your internet. Trust me, if you're experiencing lag, it's just you.

Dry and IPROXGio lick this.
  3. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

I live on a mountain, if I'm not having issues then the problem is you

4. southpawx3

southpawx3 New Member

Again. Not complaining about lag, I'm fine, I've seen players saying they're laggy and I've always wondered how much power is behind the server. I am confused on why they only use 4Gb on the Creative server, when they get an average of 30 or so players MAX on most days. And where are the other 124Gb going? I don't see why one would pay for so much RAM and then not even utilize it. Lets be honest, most people only play on creative, and there's only a few servers on the network so dedicating at least double what you are using for creative just seems logical to me. I dunno, I was just wondering what they were buying from the host and how much was used. Thanks though.

5. FevenKitsune

FevenKitsune Active Member

4GB is plenty for a 30 player server, especially since I think we are running Spigot.

6. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Im fine and im in the UK
    People just cant afford good interent

HazlerTheDazzler licks this.
  7. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

The other 124GB are used to hack the NSA.

8. FatherFan

FatherFan Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

true

9. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

We are secretly lizard squad in disguise

FevenKitsune licks this.
  10. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

Yes