Denied Factions

Discussion in 'Survival Bugs & Suggestions' started by RazerH, Jul 1, 2015.

?

Do you want factions in Survival?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazerH

RazerH Moderator Retired Staff

Quick note, this thread was made due to a couple of players complaining to me that they want factions in survival.

What is factions?
    Factions is a survival server plugin where players make their own teams where they are safely able to make a "faction" and be secured from grief to themselves by their teammates. Within the factions plugin, players can have wars to each other, different factions can grief each other, as well as gaining money and "power" per land claimed. There are more details here.

How will this make BCSN unique?

Honestly, it won't, but if we get some penguin magic, we can customize the plugin to possibly have a different way to gain "faction power" such as a faction gains more "power" every time they win a battle or have a new member join and possibly even have a newer, updated plugin version of it that has less bugs. (It has been half a year since Factions was updated.

Bins and Dusty lick this.
  2. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

I think Factions would be pretty cool.

3. HoundofNimbus

HoundofNimbus Well-Known Member

Yes
    Factions
    Yes

Now
    Do it now
    I agree
    Yes
    Do factions
    plz

4. ToxPsycho

ToxPsycho New Member

If you want it to be unique you should add a more competitive aspect to the faction itself instead of the people, it shouldn't be pay to win, yet the people who do donate should still get perks. Apart from that I think you guys as staff will have to come up with your own ways to make your servers unique.

5. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

yes plz

6. Wordguy

Wordguy Helper Staff Member Helper Penguin

YES! This is what an Empire is for. Creating mass towns, having them destroyed, and rebuilt.

Please please please add this.

7. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Faction servers are good... If done right.

RazerH licks this.
  8. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Penguin

Kind of a 'thanks but no thanks' kind of deal for me.

Everyone knows that everyone has a faction server and that everyone wants to be unique.

I don't doubt our development team and builders to create an cool plugin and structures but I do doubt whether factions would stand out and actually be any good for popularising the server (because at the end of the day, it takes time, money & energy to make stuffz).

Summary:
    I don't think it would stand out enough to be worth it.

MrIvy licks this.
  9. Wordguy

Wordguy Helper Staff Member Helper Penguin

I just made up a gamemode similar to this xp

10. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

Check out Word's 'Empires' , it's pretty much factions, but really unique. (altough there are some mistakes here and there, but we can always correct em)
    But yeah, I really hope Empires/Factions won't be as populated as survival.
    (or maybe have it replace survival?)

Wordguy, athletedan and RazerH lick this.
  11. PowPowPenguin

PowPowPenguin Member

This might not be such a good idea... Factions is partly foused on building a gang of people to help you and raiding other factions. A gamemode where raiding plays a big part on a no raid no grief server...

12. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member Penguin Retired Staff

... I'm pretty sure griefing would be allowed if we did add a factions server...

ToxPsycho and RazerH lick this.
  13. ToxPsycho

ToxPsycho New Member

*cough* common sense *cough* :I

14. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

At the moment, we don't see a Factions server coming. We have been working on one, but it never became anything. We'll reconsider this in the future, but for now this suggestion has been denied.

Wordguy licks this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.