Chaos Implementations

Discussion in 'Survival Server Discussion' started by Napkin, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Napkin

Napkin Well-Known Member Penguin

Hello folks. It is I, Arcadia player NapkinDabber back with another innovative concept.

So one of the important things about BuildCraftia that everyone should keep in mind is that it used to be strictly creative, but then sometime in 2013 our founder decided to dabble his feetsies into mini games and other server types, one of those being the Chaos Server.

When I first played Chaos, I was in love with all the destruction and mayhem. But the server gets so LAME after about a 4 weeks and then nobody plays it and so it’s not so chaotic anymore.

I think a great idea to always make sure the server is consistently relevant is to have the server have a sort of “Season System” where every 5 weeks the server takes your total chaos ontime, and divides it by your deaths, and then you earn a certain amount of fish. And then the server map resets and the process begins again.

Mipsu licks this.
  2. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

Hmm... A resetting Chaos server sounds interesting. But if it only accounted your ontime and deaths you could just AFK at spawn and do nothing.

3. Napkin

I was thinking maybe add a food poisoning effect for players in the spawn area which will probably give them ample time to escape the spawn without killing them. Anybody who idles in the spawn will obviously die of starvation in a pretty short amount of time since the server is locked on hard. Even though they will still be able to gain small amount of fish, it would be a waste of their time for an insignificant reward.

4. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

Maybe we could also take into account their total player kills. So a better K/D ratio would get you more Fish. Because you can still AFK in your base pretty easy without anyone noticing.

Napkin licks this.
  5. Napkin

Total Players Killed *Total Ontime(By the hour) / Total Deaths = Score

And then the score could correlate to a certain amount of fish earned?

Example: Phillip Killed 3 players with a total on time of 12 hours and died 6 times during the season.

3*12 / 6 = 6 points

1-5 points earns 100 fish
    6-10 points earns 200 fish
    11-15 points earns 300 fish

Etc....

Phillip won 200 fish when the season finished

LumenFidei licks this.