Bots, bots, and more bots.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MacMeBenny, Aug 22, 2014.

1. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

Alrighty, so I wanted to write this little announcement to let everyone know that the only "people" authorized to use a scripted bot on the BuildCraftia network is currently Kenreao and AZZA470, if you do not know who Kenreao is - here's something he wanted to share with everyone:

....and if you don't know who AZZA470 is, he's the Finnish Community Manager/Administrator guy.

I hope this clears some stuff up and if you have any complaints - please voice your opinion below. However, I will say that bots serve no purpose for players other than to spam the chat.
    Also Anyone caught using Bots besides Azza And Ken Will receive a 1 day mute.

Have a nice day,
    Zach

Edit by Quicksteve:

Please note that using any modifications to the vanilla client (mods, hacked clients, ...) which were not approved by the BC Administration is forbidden and will be severely punished on a case by case basis. Allowed modifications:
    • OptiFine
    • Resource packs, except if they give you a clear advantage to other players
    • Shaders
    The information and data included in this post is provided without guarantee and is subject to change at any time without prior notification.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    JeremyC and MattyC lick this.
  2. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

MacMeBenny licks this.
  3. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Penguin Retired Staff

I think only these people shall use these things. Because others are over using it and mini-modding with it.

4. Kashers

I'm pretty sure OptimusZombie uses one

Dry licks this.
  5. OptimusZambie

OptimusZambie Active Member

I admit, I use Macro Keys Mod which allows you to make keys a shortcut of saying stuff, therefore i wanted to help and i used bot chat. I got a lot of hate but i still helped.

6. OptimusZambie

WHY CANT I HELP OUT! D: :( CRI CRI

7. OptimusZambie

i use macro keys mod

8. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

You can't help out because you weren't hired to do so. Let the staff do their job and just enjoy Buildcraftia.

JeremyC and MacMeBenny lick this.
  9. Kashers

You should only use it to say Hello to players.

10. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

Personally I think everyone should be able to do it , but only short messages like 'Hello , (player) please read the rules and enjoy your stay!' and misc.
    Though there shouldn't be messages automated to act like staff :p

11. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

Please note that using any modifications to the vanilla client (mods, hacked clients, ...) which were not approved by the BC Administration is forbidden and will be severely punished on a case by case basis. Allowed modifications:
    • OptiFine
    • Resource packs, except if they give you a clear advantage to other players
    • Shaders
    The information and data included in this thread is provided without guarantee and is subject to change at any time without prior notification.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  12. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

Is forge with shaders good too...?

yvagary licks this.
  13. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Administrator Owner Moderator Event Winner Penguin

Shaders are allowed as well.

yvagary and ItsAZZA lick this.
  14. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Administrator Owner

Was just going to add shaders. #greatmindsthinkalike

yvagary licks this.
  15. Quicksteve

#sync

yvagary licks this.
  16. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

What about the smart moving mod? I would assume there's no problem with it on the Creative server, however if needed, I can disable it on DTC and Survival.

17. Quicksteve

Yes, it is not allowed on Survival and DTC.

18. Kashers

What about ALL-U-WANT mod?

19. Quicksteve

Not allowed.

20. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

No, this is not allowed.

yvagary licks this.