☞ Introducing: The Mega Parkour Server

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PhoenixStudios, Aug 20, 2016.

1. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Penguin

Yes, ladies & gentlemen, it is here! After 7 months of hard work, Mega Parkour is finished!

What is Mega Parkour? Mega Parkour is a gauntlet-type server, where your aim is to overcome each obstacle in your way. Each obstacle takes the form of a level you must complete. In total, there are 22 levels! These 22 levels are split into 2 'stages': 11 in each stage. Although each level varies in length, they have the potential to be very long. The server should provide at least 1-2 hours of gameplay: for most people, it will be even more.

The building phase of Mega Parkour has only just been finished, & as such it will be released to the public as soon as possible. Currently, the course is going through testing. Additionally, Leo is working on a checkpoint plugin that will let users save their progress at designated points throughout the course.

The name 'Mega Parkour' is not meant to indicate that it will be comprised solely of Parkour. Indeed, the server will play host to a number of different challenges, including:
    • Parkour
    • Droppers
    • Adventures
    • Puzzles
    • Trivia
    • Elytra
    • Mazes
    • Combinations of different challenges (e.g. Elytra Adventure maps!)
    Overall, it'll be an impressive feat to beat the whole thing!

We have added builds from the creative server to give Mega Parkour an extra bit of flavour, with numerous minor edits to adapt them to the gauntlet-type idea we were going after. I'd like to credit the external builds added, by thanking Bobby730 (who no doubt will never see any of it) & SparkyWolf / Kellie (... ..who no doubt will never see any of it) for creating the builds used in some of the Mega Parkour levels. It allowed for quicker progress to be made, and it also allowed for some more decorative & skilled builds than I was capable of. :p

I'd like to personally thank Quicksteve / Leo for helping me create Mega Parkour: without his extraordinary skill & talent, this server may not even exist. :penguin:

Below are a small number of screenshots from Mega Parkour itself, to give you an idea of what you will be facing!

- - - - - + - - - - -

2. Napkin

Napkin Well-Known Member Penguin

Lovin the disembodied napkin. Is it still the same map as the original mega parkour or different?
    DoctaCirno, Bins and PhoenixStudios lick this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

8/10 not enough green.
    epikplayer and PhoenixStudios lick this.
  4. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Penguin Retired Staff

This is awesome, congrats on your child phoenix
    PhoenixStudios and JeremyC lick this.
  5. DoctaCirno

DoctaCirno Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Nice :ø
    PhoenixStudios licks this.
  6. epikplayer

epikplayer Active Member Penguin

i connect with this picture
    knewnie and PhoenixStudios lick this.
  7. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Seems rage inducing and fun good job as always :D
    DoctaCirno and PhoenixStudios lick this.
  8. RazerH

RazerH Moderator Retired Staff

Looks awesome, Phoenix!
  9. PhoenixStudios

Some of the levels are re-makes of the ones that were in the original, but it's a different map. Started from scratch :p
    Napkin and JeremyC lick this.
  10. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

My udders have been erected by this. 11/10 phoenix & leo!
  11. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

Bob Island! Nice to see some old warps are getting put into here. :)
  12. HestiaMinecraft

HestiaMinecraft Well-Known Member Retired Staff

AHHH i can't believe i didn't see this yet

13. johnyman333

johnyman333 The John Penguin

This is quite the jump from our last parkour endeavour.
    JeremyC, RazerH and PhoenixStudios lick this.
  14. PhoenixStudios

(okay it's not working for me if it's not working for you just imagine there's a slow-clap gif right here)
    RazerH licks this.