What Are The Rules of Advertising?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Discussion' started by Wordguy, Aug 13, 2015.

?

Should the mention of server names for non-advertisement purposes be bannable?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

So I have a question. If I mention a server name such in this format *(name here) got hacked early! :O*, is that breaking the rules? I read the rules as told, and they say "Do not mention other server names for advertising purposes", so technically, I should be able to say that, correct? The mods, however, don't think that's correct. So I have a question for any mods, players, or even @MacMeBenny and @Quicksteve : What does this rule truly mean? Am I allowed to say server names, as in what I said earlier? In the case of no, you may want to change the rulebook in /rules. If yes, then thanks for answering! Thanks for reading, people. :p

2. Miner

Miner Bye y'all Retired Staff Penguin

I don't think it should be bannable, but I don't think players should shout other server names willy-nilly. For large servers like Hypixel and Mineplex, it's incredibly easy to find the ip online. And 9/10 those are the servers that are being talked about in chat. I think it shouldn't be bannable but should at least be discouraged.

JeremyC and Wordguy lick this.
  3. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I agree I see mods get salty when someone says a server name like Hypixel etc. But they feel like its ok for them to say it. Although people shouldnt go and advertise small crappy servers looking for 5 mins of fame and probs us raiding it and trolling...But saying big server names is fine imo
    and Mods/Admins don't mention server names then get salty when someone does.

Mipsu licks this.
  4. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

YOU GO WORD! BEING PROACTIVE

Wordguy, RazerH and Kashers lick this.
  5. Kashers

Kashers Social Tiger Retired Staff Penguin

[​IMG]

Remmi, LordN826, Mipsu and 1 other person lick this.
  6. Miner

Do you think prison guards use Proactiv to prevent breakouts?

7. NapkinDabber

I used proactiv+ and it didn't work

8. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Owner Administrator Moderator Event Winner Penguin

I agree to the spirit, but where should we draw the line? What do we consider a big network?

9. Miner

Perhaps anything that would be known by the public, like the size of BC or bigger.

10. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

any generic name that poeple would know like mineplex, hypixel, hive, cubecraft, gotpvp, lichcraft, exc... essentially multithousand bigass mega servers. I think thats the line

11. HestiaMinecraft

HestiaMinecraft Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I only know Mineplex, Hypixel, and Hive in that big server list :p

12. NapkinDabber

It took me like 3 days to get this joke

Miner licks this.
  13. LordN826

LordN826 Well-Known Member

Drawing the line to me would be anything like "Guys(dude) lets go play on (instert server)" and anything higher

14. Miner

saucy signature

15. Axebreaker

Axebreaker Well-Known Member

Rule 1: don't advertise.

16. HestiaMinecraft

HestiaMinecraft Well-Known Member Retired Staff

What if you just say "Mineplex" would it be considered advertising?

17. LordN826

LordN826 Well-Known Member

Well saying like that I may think would be advertising unless you were to say something about it. If you weee to saysomehinggabout
    It getting hacked or stuff like that, I would say that is a-ok

RazerH licks this.
  18. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Staff Member Administrator Community Manager Moderator

There's nothing wrong with saying a server name in chat imo, but if the context infers that users should go to that server (directly or indirectly), that's where I would have a problem.

However, banning someone just for mentioning a server name is extremely irrational.

JeremyC licks this.
  19. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

PREACH MY BOY PREACH

20. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

I got warned and a two hour mute once for saying the names Mineplex and Hypixel. That's what sparked me into making this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.