Survival 1.8 - everything you need to know

Discussion in 'Survival Server Discussion' started by ItsAZZA, Jan 11, 2015.

1. ItsAZZA

ItsAZZA BuildCraftia Owner Staff Member Owner Administrator

Hey guys!

We finally updated to 1.8, after several months of brainstorming, building and plugin testing! It feels great to release something this awesome. The spawn took my many months because ever single house was made separately. With 1.8 survival gets many, many feature added, but also some features were removed. The server is in delta state, so please report any problems/issues to the staff, preferably to an administrator or an owner.

Getting started
    When you join the server, you will get connected to the survival 'hub' where you can find all essential things such as server shops, pvp arena, pve arena (coming soon) and player market. You can get to the building world with "/play" command. The server will teleport you automatically to the nearest free, not-so-populated area where you can still find the basic resources for starting your survival experience! If you're not satisfied by the place, just go adventure, we don't limit that!

NO PVP
    Also, player versus player is disabled in our survival server. In addition to that rule, there is pvp in the nether and in the pvp arena. You also cannot claim land in the nether. Yes, we could say nether is the most dangerous place in the survival server.

Rules
    Hacking or using hacked/stolen accounts is strictly forbidden
    2. Using exploits is forbidden
    3. Do not build too close to each other (min. 75 blocks away)
    4. Unclaimed things are free to take
    5. In PvP areas, everything dropped is free to take
    6. Do not spam or use excessive amounts of caps
    7. Do not be rude towards anyone or build anything rude
    8. Do not ask for ranks/promotions
    9. Do not advertise

Important things

1. Land Claiming
    First new thing we added is land claiming. Last time we didn't have this and it was a pain for the players and most of all, the staff constantly fixing grief damage in the server. With this awesome plugin, there is no way someone can grief an area you have claimed, unless you add them to your claimed area. There is quite a few commands you need to use, some tools you need and some things you need to know. Luckily there is a really good video about the plugin. Watch it here: http://youtu.be/VDsjXB-BaE0 It tells you EVERY command you will need with the plugin, so please watch it! Here is some of the commands you can use:

/AbandonClaim - Deletes the claim you’re standing in.
    /Trust - Gives another player permission to edit in your claim.
    /UnTrust - Revokes any permissions granted to a player in your claim.
    /AccessTrust - Gives a player permission to use your buttons, levers, and beds.
    /ContainerTrust - Gives a player permission to use your buttons, levers, beds, crafting gear, containers, and animals./ct
    /TrustList - Lists the permissions for the claim you’re standing in.
    /SubdivideClaims - Switches your shovel to subdivision mode, so you can subdivide your claims./sc
    /BasicClaims - Puts your shovel back in basic claims mode.
    /Untrust All - Removes all permissions for all players in your claim.
    /AbandonAllClaims - Deletes all of your claims.

If you don't know how to use commands, please watch the video from the link provided above.

You get 100 blocks per hour you play on the server. If you feel like you're running out of claimable blocks, you can always check our server store where you can buy more claim blocks for money. (http://shop.bcsn.us/category/407169)

2. Villager shops and player market
    There is villager shops scattered all around the spawn area. Open the shop by right-clicking the villager. These villager shops have some essential stuff. You will probably earn your first dollars by selling items to these shops. Since they are quite hard to find, I made a map so they're easier to find. North is up in this picture. Click here to find out what all the shops sell.

[​IMG]

If you're not interested in selling stuff to villagers or maybe you want to get more money, you can always create your own shops using a ChestShop. You can create chestshops anywhere you want in the world, but the best place is the player market, which you access with /warp market. Here you can buy yourself a shop stall for 5000 dollars. It's expensive, but that's one time pay only. After that you will own this shop forever! Because server shops are quite expensive you can gain a lot of money by selling essential items cheaper to the players. That's what we want to encourage.

Chest shop creation goes like this. Place down a chest and then place a sign on it. The sign should look like the right one here. You can leave the first line empty, then you will define the amount of items you want to tell, then you will define the price B (=buy) <price>:<price> S(=sell). You can leave either one out, if you want. "B" means that you are selling to the player, "S" means that you are buying from the player. Left click to sell to the shop, right-click to buy from the store.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. NEW! Party Chat
    A quite a few players have been wishing to get a party chat plugin, which allows you to chat with a group you have created. Now it is possible! Premium and up can create chat parties, but everyone (once invited to one) can chat in them. Here is all the commands you will need for the plugin.

Commands for every user
    /party or /party help - Plugin help
    /chat - Toggle the global chat
    /p <message> - Send a message to the party
    /party join - Accept a party invitation
    /party leave - Leave a party
    /party members - Display a list of leaders and members
    /party toggle or /tc - Toggle the party chat (So you don't have to type /p)

Commands for Premium and up
    /party create <name> - Create a new party
    /party invite <player> - Create a new party
    /party kick <player> - Kick a player from the party
    /party leader <player> - Promote a player

If you have any more questions, please leave them down below and we will answer them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    MattyC and JeremyC lick this.
  2. MrIvy

MrIvy Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Finally the ideal survival server I've always looked for! And it's on the server I love! Love how the shop has a lot of variety and can't wait until I can get a chance to play!

Great work!

Edit: How many land claim block do we get?

3. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Owner Administrator Moderator Event Winner Penguin

You gain 100 claim blocks per hour.

JeremyC licks this.
  4. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

PHEW! I thought I would only have that small area forever.

HazlerTheDazzler licks this.
  5. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

very nice guide azza, really helps me :D

6. johnyman333

johnyman333 The John Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if Jeremy will exploit something somehow to be rich again...

RazerH licks this.
  7. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

It was not exploiting, it was simply doing a lot of work for many jobs so I could provide for my family (nap, remmi, kash, ivy and bubbles at that time).

Miner and Kashers lick this.
  8. Quicksteve

Quicksteve Supreme Overlord Penguin Staff Member Owner Administrator Moderator Event Winner Penguin

That sounds familiar.

JeremyC licks this.