Kits- Pros And Cons

Discussion in 'DTC' started by Wordguy, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Wordguy

Wordguy Well-Known Member Penguin

I got this idea from Fan yesterday when he said each kit had pros and cons. I will sort them by team help, enemy destruction, self help, and PVP.

Archer-
    Team- It can help guard the core from a distance, but if a Tank or Melee comes up, your forced to bow spam or use a wooden sword.
    Enemy Destruction- Once again, great from a far, but not for breaking a core, since it's low protection.
    Self Help- It can help, but another archer or a Melee or a Tank can blow you to kingdom come.
    PVP- Good at far away combat, but once an enemy comes up, it's game over, basically.

Builder-
    Team- Great for bridging, but it's pretty much instant kill if any kit comes up to you.
    Enemy Destruction- Due to mass amount of blocks and low amount of health, this isn't good for core destruction.
    Self Help- I mainly use this kit to build sky bridges, but it hardly help as people with archer can shoot you off.
    PVP- This kit can't do PVP at all, no good armor, sword, or bow.

Melee-
    Team- Great for rush maps, but not too great at bridging, as you can get shot off easily.
    Enemy Destreuction- With good armor and sword, this would be a great way to break the enemies core, and this kit can kill a lot of pesky archers.
    Self Help- Has good armor and a good sword, can fend off enemies pretty great!
    PVP- This is one of the best kits at PVP, due to its chain armor and iron enchanted sword.

Bomber-
    Team- I've noticed there's no way you can use this as a defense, or sometimes as an offense, without people getting REALLY mad. I would recommend not using this on bridge maps such as Railcannon or Biomes, but more on rush maps, like Town and Over The Hil
    Enemy Destruction- Good armor, but not a good sword. This could do great during a gold cores event, as the TNT blows straight throw it. You'll still have to break the beacon though.
    Self Help- Most people suicide bomb with this, as you only get 4 TNT per life, but it is still good because of its armor.
    PVP- Not so great at PVP, unless you can blow up your enemy.

Runner-
    Team- This is fabulous for rush maps. You can run faster then most of your team, probably get first kill, and manage to strafe around your opponents.
    Enemy Destruction- Not great armor or weapon, but can clear a path for the greatest core destroyer, the Runner and Tank actually work well together.
    Self Help- If your in a time of need, just run. No other kit except another Runner can go as fast as you, just run SANIC FASSST
    PVP- Not very good at PVP, but circle strafe works great!

Tank-
    Team- Not good at guarding, or fighting from a distance, but this kit can get up close.
    Enemy Destruction- This kit is the best chance to destroy the core, as it has the enchanted pick axe.
    Self Help- Can't really do much, but hide in the iron armor you have
    PVP- Can get up close and destroy almost every enemy, just avoid them bow spammers.

Now I will show you what kit I recommend for each map.
    Avalanche- Melee, Tank, or Bomber
    Biomes- Archer or Melee
    Castles- Archer, Melee, or Tank
    Autumn- Archer or Builder
    Winter- Archer, Builder, Melee
    Town- Bomber, Runner, Tank, Melee
    Over The Hill- Bomber, Tank, Melee
    Dance of Blossoms- Bomber, Runner, Melee
    Rats Den- Bomber, Tank, Melee
    Colombia- Runner, Melee, Archer, Bomber
    Auraura- Builder, Tank, Bomber

2. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I would agree with about all of this

3. MacMeBenny

MacMeBenny Founder Retired Staff

So... just use Melee. :p

4. Wordguy

Well, they each have a purpose. If you want to annoy your enemy, use bomber. If you want to focus on destroying the core, choose Tank. If you want to make a sky bridge, choose Builder. Each kit has different values, but Melee

5. HestiaMinecraft

HestiaMinecraft Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I thought Bomber was for annoying everyone.

Wordguy licks this.
  6. RazerH

RazerH Moderator Retired Staff

Unless you are in Auraura

(Possible Future map; Boom)
    Best kits
    - Bomber (make an easy pathway to your victory)

- Archer (snipe your opponents and hit them off the sides)

- Runner (parkour from roof to roof and go for it, not good for running across the floor of the map considering there are traps all over there)

Surprisingly, I don't think Meelee would be good here as in the places that actually have space, there is just too much space with out getting sniped from a roof where you really can't do anything about it, and the fact there is just too many traps to not get killed while fighting at least once

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    MacMeBenny and Bins lick this.
  7. Olocool17

Olocool17 Well-Known Member

MacMeBenny licks this.
  8. Wordguy

Someone can run across the floor fast enough yknow.m

9. NapkinDabber

NapkinDabber Well-Known Member Retired Staff

In aurora I use builder. You can easily climb up your mountain and create a stealthy sky bridge that makes it all the way to the other side. I have never been noticed whilst doing this because the bridge is so high up and have destroyed several cores with it.

10. RazerH

too many traps

11. JeremyC

JeremyC Well-Known Member Retired Staff

I just use archer on void maps, melee on non void maps and bomber when im in a dick mood :>

12. RazerH

You would probably use bomber on my map too