Also curious why the server has gone downhill so drastically

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inventor109, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inventor109

inventor109 New Member

I have noticed something kind of interesting over the past months and years. Buildcraftia has slowly been dying. Now why is that, are you killing your players off or is something else happening? Are you running low on funds? I have noticed that you are struggling to even get 10 players on at once. The most I've seen is about 25, Statistic websites seem to paint the same picture. Now I remember when at least 50 people would be on at all times. I used to even see it get to over a 100 players on at the same time quite often. After the whole Arcadia fiasco the numbers dropped but not that much. It only dropped to probably 70 players max, so what happened? I have watched this server slowly crumble apart and am generally concerned for its financial state as it is nearing death if not already crippled and left for dead.

Minecraft servers do not go out like this usually, and the server is still young. I can assume that financial issues will cause this server to have to downgrade its machine and ultimately it will fall under, but who can say when for sure when this will happen. For a server that brought me so much joy in my preteen and early teenage years its kind of sad to see it go silently into the night. I had watched this server evolve and ultimately fail. I am unable to see what has truly happened from within the game as of late due to an apparent permanent ban. The next step is up to you.

Perhaps you should start considering vigorous advertisement campaigns before you go under completely. Maybe send people on to other servers to advertise as an aggressive way to keep players coming in. I am going to guess that the server probably costs upwards of 60 dollars a month, Are you still getting donations with 10 people online? I am just wondering how you are going to keep this up without steady income.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. PhoenixStudios

PhoenixStudios Community Manager Staff Member Administrator Community Manager Moderator

I don't know what kind of illness I got from reading through that sh*tpost but I'm probably going to need hospital treatment for it

Dry, RazerH, Lee and 2 others lick this.
  3. Dusty

Dusty Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Also we don't really have a money problem, but thanks for your concern <3

4. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

There is no issue with Buildcraftia, a good 70% of our community are members that joined less than six months ago, this shows that, contrary to what you're saying, new people are joining the server, and with a steady flow of donations, BC is far from "ultimately failing."

Dusty licks this.
  5. FatherFan

FatherFan The Priest Staff Member Moderator Penguin

Don't mind the trolls y'all, ain't nothing like a daily sh*tpost to get you through this St. Valentine's Day :p (Quit feeding the trolls, it makes them stronger)

Wordguy, RazerH and Dusty lick this.
  6. inventor109

inventor109 New Member

Lol you keep telling yourselves that, and by the way it wasn't a troll post.

7. Dusty

Dusty Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Once again, hello Inventor. I see you are quite concerned over the state of Buildcraftia! I would like to assure you that we are staying well afloat at the moment. Since the time you've been banned, we have added this magical thing called Buildcraftia Realms! To sum it up, the player pays $5 every month to keep up a private server. We have a few different players who have bought this and continue to fund our server. Furthermore, we also have kind people like Lumen who enjoy donating for other players. Hopefully this clears up any of your doubts!

8. Dry

Dry Well-Known Member Retired Staff

Oh praise the lord, hes back.
    But what hasn't changed is;
    Hes a complete and utter mong who is trying to pick up a pissy little fight and throw shade at a Minecraft server....
    Im sat here wondering, why are you talking shit to Mew about being 19 years old and still playing Minecraft, while you're what? 17 and you keep coming back to a Minecraft server you got banned on, before you criticize someone take a look at yourself because you are in no position to throw shade at Mew or anyone for that matter. Also if you don't care about the server or getting unbanned, why are you here? Nobody misses you, nobody begged for you to come back, nobody cares about you anymore or your shitty little Steam you seem to love advertising. Its beyond me why you keep coming here, your little shitpost above me didn't make any sense at all, so let me just put this paragraph in a nice short sentence for you.

Quit attention seeking and fuck off.

(Before you get confused because I know your small brain will, this is a response to everything you've posted so far :^) )

RazerH, FatherFan and Mipsu lick this.
  9. MoFo

MoFo New Member Retired Staff

Spicy

Dry licks this.
  10. MattyC

MattyC What is life Retired Staff

Who let this kid back? Looks like he learnt some big words during his ban

Bins, ItsAZZA, Wordguy and 1 other person lick this.
  11. Lewis

Lewis Active Member

MATTY! <3

12. inventor109

inventor109 New Member

lol?
    I'm 18 and you are a grown man Matty, and you are running a Minecraft server? Who's the real kid here?

It's quite funny to drop in to see you people doing the same stupid stuff; I get a kick out of it.

Don't feed the troll kiddos!

Lol I am trolling you now because it is hilarious that you cannot take input from an honest concern.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2017
  13. Remmi

Remmi Moderator Staff Member Moderator Penguin

This thread causes too much drama, and is unnecessary. If you continue to make these type of threads you will be banned from the forums.

Going to be locking the thread, possibly deleting it because of these reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.